Some people do not see well that the little ones be raised with animals. It seems like a risk or an additional source of bacteria, but you should not think in this way. Live with a pet. Meanwhile, you raise your child will make your kids grow up with more humility, empathy, and respect. Next, we explain the reasons.
The Awakening of Stimuli
We know that children like to see and touch everything. The fact that a pet will be from the very first moment with them will allow the child to obtain the following advantages:
- Having stimulation different from mom or dad permanently. Someone who always moves around the kid, a friend to caress or play with. Little creatures that are still behind.
- Pets are no stranger to the presence of the small family member, someone weaker and more delicate. Many dogs act as faithful protectors. The news always tells impressive stories like a cat that had protected a baby from dying of cold in Russia. It is just one more example of everything they can do for us and especially for the little ones. What does this mean? It means that animals know that this helpless being needs care; it knows that it must treat him differently.
- Dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, etc., are recognized by children as significant ‘members’ within the family environment. Someone to observe, attend, and respect.
Our Friend Teaches The Child To Be Responsible
Some fathers or mothers adopt a pet on the condition that the child is responsible for it. In many cases, it is the parents who end up taking care of the animal. Well, this should not happen; next, we can tell you why.
- Having a pet at home is everyone’s responsibility. Not only from children or just from parents, at all. Children should learn from an early age that the pet is part of the family, and in this way, has needs and deserves the same care as everyone.
- Sharing the responsibility of these pets is a way to balance them among all. The dog or cat is going to be the first living being that the child is going to take care of, he will see him grow up with him, maybe even suffer from illnesses, he will know that he feels cold and hungry like him, etc., and that all this requires an obligation.
- Early responsibility is a way of maturing. But remember, it is something that should be shared among everyone, so teach your children how to feed it, when to take the dog for a walk, how to clean the box where the cat uses it, or how to take responsibility for the fish tank.
Pets are great magicians of emotions. No one doubts it. They are faithful friends capable of giving us that smile when we need it most, that loyal friend who will sit next to us when we feel alone. Pets, whether dogs, cats, etc., are those essential pieces that give us love for free. Without expecting anything in return.
If children grow up with pets, they will develop their emotional skills more quickly. They will have greater empathy to notice if their animal is calm, cheerful, or restless. The child will know how important it is to respect others, the importance of caring, loving, accompanying, etc., are loyal friends at any moment of their lives.
Please note that when it comes to raising a child with a pet, you must integrate the animal from an early child’s age. If you take the pet away because you think it may harm the child in some way, both the animal and the kid will see each other with mistrust. Let them relate to peace. You will discover how amazing this experience is.
Bringing Families Together
We all know that sometimes there are situations in the house that complicate living together: your kids’ fight with each other, cry and scream. These are moments that can be very stressful for all of us. A dog can help to solve those situations by keeping the family together and helping us to overcome the tensest moments.
In addition to this, with pets, it is possible to enjoy nice weekend breaks, walks on the beach or afternoons playing in the park with the presence of the whole family, as the pet will be the great protagonist and will involve all of them.
What To Teach Children About Caring For Animals?
- Both the pet that is at home and any animal that is away from home deserve respect, and we do not need to assault them so that they attend us since when the children see this attitude in the parents, they will try to repeat it.
- Let’s teach children that pets from another home or strangers act in different ways and can be aggressive. We must ask their owners before allowing them a caress or game.
- If we notice that the dog or cat is nervous, let’s not tell the child that it can bite him, because he will reject the animals. The ideal is to warn him that the pet does not want to play at that time.
- Let’s avoid leaving the child alone with pets until they are significant and responsible enough.
- Encourage the child to play with the pet.
- Let’s learn together to take care of the pet and have a sense of responsibility.
A pet is that unconditional friend who is always next to the children no matter what. It is no accident that, for example, dogs are also known as ‘The best friend of the human being’ since they are there whenever you need them, and they are very loyal.
Your children see dogs as another member of the family, a companion with whom to share their time when they feel alone, are sick, or feel depressed. The dog often becomes the family psychologist, that great friend to trust and be able to talk when you need it most. That’s why the benefits of children growing up with pets are many.