For Children and Families
- Start the day with a healthy breakfast. It refuels your body and gives you energy for the day.
- Let kids help plan one meal each week and eat together as often as possible.
- Eat slowly. It takes 20 minutes for your brain to register that you are full.
- Eat more vegetables and fresh fruits. Aim for a total of 2 cups of fruit and 2 1/2 cups of vegetables every day.
- Eat more whole grains (e.g., oats, brown rice, rye, crackers, whole-wheat pasta). Try to eat at least 3 ounces of whole grains every day.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Choose water, low-fator nonfat milk and low calorie or diet
Serve a variety of foods